Make Pratt Munson your place
Pratt Munson is an intimate, creative community of artists, designers, communicators, and educators ready to get the best start to their collegiate arts education. A diverse body of 200 students from around the world begin their education in the Pratt Institute’s upstate New York campus.
Your journey to Pratt Munson starts here, with our admissions team. We’re here to help you navigate the application process and make you familiar with the people and places that make Pratt Munson special.
Your application is the beginning of a lasting relationship you’ll build with the Pratt Munson community. Amidst the deadlines, essays, and supplemental materials, we’d like to emphasize this above all: we are grateful for your time and effort, and we are eager to get to know you!
High School Applicants (First-Year Students)
- Non-Binding Early Action Deadline: November 15, 2023
- Regular Decision Deadline: January 15, 2024
- Additional Deadlines: First-year and Transfer Applicants: February 15, March 15, April 15, 2024 (pending program availability)
New First-Year Students
Apply through the Common App at commonapp.org and select Pratt Munson in Utica. You can also apply to Pratt in Brooklyn at the same time. To activate your application at Pratt Munson after applying to Pratt in Brooklyn, email email@example.com.
Transfer applicants should use Pratt Institute's online application at pratt.edu/apply.
How to Apply as a First-Year Student
- Click the "Apply Online" link for First-Year Applicants.
- Create an account or log in on CommonApp's website and go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the "College Search" tab and search for "Pratt Munson."
- Choose "Pratt Institute" from the options.
- Click "Add College" to add Pratt Institute to your "My Colleges" tab.
- Fill out the online application form, selecting the campus/campuses you want to apply to under the "Academics" section.
- If applying to both campuses, select Pratt Institute (Main Campus) and a program for the main campus. Then select "Yes" to apply to Pratt Munson and choose a major for Pratt Munson.
- If applying only to Pratt Munson, select Pratt Munson (Extension Campus) and a program.
- Complete the rest of the application, ensuring that all required information is provided.
- CommonApp will notify you if anything is missing before you can submit your application.
For Transfer Applicants
- Click the "Apply Online" link for Transfer Applicants.
- Create an account on Pratt Institute's application portal.
- Select the "Undergraduate Transfer Application" from the Application Menu and begin the application.
- On page 2, choose the campus/campuses you want to apply to.
- You can apply to both campuses with one application.
- If applying to both campuses, select Pratt Institute and the desired major, then proceed to select Pratt Munson and one of its programs.
- If applying only to Pratt Munson, select Pratt Munson and the desired program.
- Complete the rest of the application.
- Early action decisions sent at the end of December and beginning of January.
- “Regular decision” admissions decisions are announced starting the last week in February and every subsequent week.
- Notification sent via email and postal mail.
- View application and portfolio requirements. https://www.prattmunson.edu/portfolio
- Submit all materials, including the portfolio, by the application deadline. High school transcripts can be submitted up to one week after the deadline.
- High school applicants can request fee waivers through CommonApp.
- Transfer students must request a fee waiver before filling out the application:
- Request a waiver using the NACAC form or SAT Fee Waiver form and provide it to your guidance counselor.
- If you already have a fee waiver code from College Board, enter it on the online application.
- Email a scanned copy of the waiver form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 718.636.3670 with a cover sheet titled "Attention: Application Fee Waiver Request" if you haven't received a fee waiver code.
- Allow up to five business days for emailed requests and ten business days for faxed requests to be processed.
- International students are not eligible for fee waivers.
For further questions about fee waivers, email email@example.com